- 2, 15 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup traditional bread crumbs
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne powder
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp oil, to fry
- To a food processor, add 1 can black beans, the vegan mayonnaise, breadcrumbs, cumin, oregano, salt, and cayenne. Pulse until well combined, about 30 seconds, stopping to scrape down the sides of the processor as needed.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and mix in the remaining can of black beans and the chopped cilantro until well combined.
- Form the black bean mixture into 4 medium patties or 8 little sliders.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat and add the oil. When the oil is hot and working in batches, place 2-4 patties in the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crisp.