- 1 large sweet potato, scrubbed and diced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1, 14 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ large red onion, finely diced
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, minced
Ginger Lime Dressing
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice, about 1-2 limes
- 1” knob ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt, or to taste
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread the diced sweet potato on a lined baking sheet and drizzle with the oil. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Roast in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, until just tender. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing. To the large bowl, add the cooked sweet potato, black beans, red onion, sunflower seeds, cilantro, and jalapeno. Toss to combine the ingredients and coat with the dressing.
- Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled if desired.