- 2 small gold potatoes, cubed and boiled
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup dry white white
- 1 cup dairy free milk - we used unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 2 ½ tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Steamed vegetables and gluten free bread, to serve
- Add all ingredients except the vegetables and bread to a high speed blender. Blend on low until combined, then blend on high for about one minute, until smooth.
- Pour this mixture into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a low boil and cook 3-5 minutes, stirring often, until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with steamed vegetables and pieces of gluten free bread.