Ingredients - serves 2
- 2 hearts of romaine, halved
- Avocado oil, to grill
- Dress It Up Sesame Tahini Dressing
- Green onion, chopped
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sesame seeds, to serve
Crispy curry chickpeas
- 1, 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt, if curry powder has none
- Grill the romaine: Heat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat, about 475 degrees Fahrenheit. Drizzle a spoonful of avocado oil over the cut side of the romaine halves. When the grill is hot, place the romaine, cut side down, on the grill. Grill without moving the lettuce for 2-3 minutes or until grill marks appear and the lettuce is lightly browned and wilted.
- Make the crispy chickpeas: Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the chickpeas, curry powder, and salt. Toss to combine and coat the chickpeas with the oil and seasonings. Saute, stirring and tossing occasionally, until the chickpeas are golden brown and crispy, about 7-10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place the grilled romaine hearts on a serving platter. Drizzle with desired amount of Dress It Up Sesame Tahini Dressing. Top with the crispy chickpeas, chopped green onion, chopped cilantro, and sesame seeds.