- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo, chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp taco seasoning
- 1, 14 oz can coconut cream
- 2 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 lb short gluten free pasta of choice - we recommend Jovial Foods Brown Rice Pasta
- 2 green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Chopped cilantro, to serve
- Red pepper flakes, to serve
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and chipotle pepper. Saute, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the taco seasoning and cook for another minute. Stir in the coconut cream and vegetable broth and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, stir in the pasta. Simmer, stirring often, for 15-20 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the bell peppers and onion. Saute, stirring often, until the vegetables are just tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the sauteed peppers and onion to the pasta and stir well to combine.
- Serve warm with fresh cilantro and red pepper flakes, if desired!